The McBrides

The McBrides

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Toddler Swap

Since last summer, every Tuesday three of my friends and I rotate through what we have called "Toddler Swap."  We each take turns watching the others' kids for 2 1/2 hours so moms can get errands run easier and the girls can have play time together.  We also do date nights twice a month with the same group.

It really has been a wonderful thing for all of us and I am so grateful to have such a good group of moms and kids to get to know.  

Here are some shots of the girls the past six months:








Ainsley, Miriam, Anna & Sadie







They all LOVE the T.V. (see the below video).


I will confess that the T.V. is an excellent way to keep the girls entertained, as you can see by how riveted they are by it.  It also keeps them from fighting as much.  Since they have all turned two they have entered the "MINE" phase which is pretty exhausting.  
But despite the two-year old antics, they do have sweet moments where they play very well together (as seen in this video).


Things are changing though, with each mom soon having their second child (and one having twins in May!)  Hopefully we will be able to resume the swaps again soon, I know I will be missing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment