The McBrides

The McBrides

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

I LOVED Christmas as a child.  My mom did so many wonderful things to make it magical and had so many great traditions that I loved.  As I got older, Christmas lost some of it's magic and thrill (as do a lot of things do when you get older).  

This year I felt that magic again, through the eyes of my children.  Miriam understood and was more excited about everything this year, Jesus, Santa, presents, lights, etc.  It was so fun to watch her excitement.  

When I was a kid I always had a hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve and would lay awake for hours in anticipation.  
I felt that same excitement and anticipation (though thankfully I did sleep) Christmas morning as I waited for everyone to wake.

Miriam was thrilled to see the presents.  She asked if Santa had come, and I said "why don't you go see if the cookies and milk are still there?"

 When she saw this, her jaw dropped and she gasped to see that he had indeed come.
Then she asked if she could eat the crumbs.

The girls were thrilled with all the gifts (even though you wouldn't know it from the stale expressions I managed to capture on the camera).

Miriam's baby doll crib, from Santa.



Eliza with a toy that lights up.

Miriam didn't care who the present was to, she really just wanted to open ALL of them.  So even if it was Daddy or Eliza's, she had to help.

Barbies.

Even Eliza was excited to tear off the paper.


Daddy's big present...

Dirt.
He did ask for it.
 Oh, and a gift certificate in the dirt to a local nursery.  He is excited to design and build a new garden this year.

The girls' cuckoo clock from their grandparents. 


Eliza didn't seem to understand that the crib was for dolls.  I guess she is still the baby.

Lots of dress up clothes.

I, of course, was behind the camera the whole time.  Most of my gifts were not a surprise this year since I had managed to find some super deals on them and had purchased them myself before Christmas.  But I still greatly enjoy my sewing table and ipad.

We enjoyed a quiet morning at home with our new gifts and then spent the rest of the day at my dad's house with my sister Rebecca and her family.  We received exciting news that my younger sister Anna received an engagement ring for Christmas.  What a great day! (even if it didn't snow).

No comments:

Post a Comment